The Student News Site of Parkway Central High School

Corral

The happiest season of all

Juniors Allie Bain and Hannah Mosley pose with seasonal apparel. Photo by Meaghan Flynn.

Corral Staff

With winter weather comes different opportunities for outdoor as well as indoor activities. Whether it’s making hot chocolate and watching movies, or going ice skating with a group of friends, this season provides some of the most memorable times for people.

First off, the cold weather gives people the perfect excuse to be lazy. If it’s freezing outside, it becomes completely acceptable to stay inside in your pajamas and watch movies all day. However, when it’s summer and nice outside, people expect you to go out and enjoy the day. Winter’s cold weather allows you to enjoy the day from the comfort of your couch.

Another great part of winter is snow days.   You can go back to sleep and spend a day in the middle of a stressful week sledding with friends, relaxing with hot chocolate, and ignoring school-related topics.

In addition to all the fun stuff you can do during the winter, almost everyone can celebrate some type of holiday during this season. With Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and more, people are generally happier because they are looking forward to the presents, the food, and keeping up traditions.

Although winter brings freezing temperatures, the summer heat can be unbearable sometimes. At least in the winter when you are stuck inside, you can make a fire, drink some hot chocolate and relax. If you were stuck inside during the summer, there wouldn’t be a lot of stuff to do. Summer does bring great outdoor activities, but winter definitely gives us both fun indoor and outdoor activities.

For all you summer lovers, just keep in mind that curling up in a cozy corner near a fire is a lot more appealing than dealing with the annoying bugs, awful humidity and that stupid summer job.