Don’t Worry, You’re Almost There…

Junior, Danni Schneiderman, buried in school work

Claudia Sanders, Staff Writer

Tips for success during these last couple weeks of school.

Getting closer to finals week can be frightening but if you take it one step at a time, it doesn’t have to be all that scary. As many of you know, we’re nearing the end of the school year. These last couple of weeks can cause a lot of stress for the average student. If you suffer from procrastination like myself, I have a few tips for making the workload a little more manageable. My favorite thing to do is to make to-do lists because once you get the satisfaction of checking one thing of the seemingly never-ending list, you will likely be motivated to keep working hard until everything is checked off!

FINAL STUDYING TIPS:
☑ Complete study guides as soon as you can (without notes), then study the ones you didn’t know before going through the complete study guide
☑ Teach subjects to your friends if they need help because it can actually help you to know the information better
☑ Study in a public place like Starbucks or the library because you’re less likely to be unfocused since you’re surrounded by other productive people
☑ Bring your teacher your completed study guide and ask him/her to go over the parts that you don’t understand
☑ Take breaks periodically, you’ll need it. But make sure to set a timer for your breaks or else you’ll lose track of time
☑ While studying make sure to take a break. Every 15 minutes, giving yourself a 5-minute brain break to walk around, stretch, and get a snack or something to drink. Snacks like smoothies and granola bars are healthy and easy to eat without distracting you from your tasks, studying and homework

TO-DO LIST:
☑ Check Infinite Campus for missing tests and assignments
☑ Make a checklist of your assignments and categorize by class, difficulty, or date
☑ Complete tests and turn in missing assignments
☑STUDY for finals!!!!
GENERAL TIPS:
☑ Start studying for your finals early by making Quizlets or just by simply filling out the study guide
☑ Ask teachers for any extra credit opportunities AFTER you’ve turned in all your missing work and taken test or quizzes
☑ Make it your priority to get your current assignments in ON TIME
☑ Talk to your teachers BEFORE the last couple weeks of school if your grade still isn’t where you want it to be
☑ Naps are your friend, but according to lifehacker.com naps that exceed 20 minutes can cause a groggy feeling making you more tired in the long run. Naps that last 10-20 minutes can give you those bursts of energy you need.