Committed College Athletes: Lizzy Millner

Alex Maisenhelder, Staff Writer

Lizzy Millner is a senior who has committed to Southwestern Illinois College(SWIC), a school in the Great Rivers Athletic Conference, which belongs to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
“I officially signed my letter on Dec. 8,” Millner said.
Millner received on a full athletic scholarship including room. Southwestern Illinois is a junior college, so Millner will be there for two years before moving on to a different college to finish her education. Signing with Southwestern Illinois also gave her the ability to still play softball in college
“This gave me the option to either keep playing softball at a higher level or go to a larger school and stop playing,” Millner said.
Millner will be playing both pitcher and center field while at Southwestern Illinois. Millner is very confident in being able to attain a starting spot on the team.
“There won’t be very much competition since the pitchers are graduating this year,” Millner said.
Millner enjoyed success at the high school level, winning conference her junior year and playing for the district championship the past two years.
“Something people may not know about me is that I can bat both right and left handed,” Millner said. Millner is very excited and cannot wait to start her time at Southwestern Illinois College.