Twins: Friends Since Birth

Gabby Abowitz, Staff Writer

Just think, what it would be like to have another person with the same birthday, gender, and even friends as you, that’s in your family. This is everyday life for freshmen Andrew and Evan Goldstein. They were born in St. Louis and Andrew is the older of the two by 11 minutes.
Andrew and Evan have a tight bond.
“We’re pretty close. We live together so we kinda have to be,” Evan said.
“I kinda like to think we have twin telepathy. We’ll be thinking the same thing at the same time,” Andrew said.
“They are fun and always around each other but, they get into a lot of small arguments”Hayden Christiansen said.
Andrew and Evan are fraternal twins so they don’t get mixed up as identical twins would be. “We are actually pretty different,” Evan said.
“Andrew is not as serious about school. Evan tries really hard but, they are both very smart” friend of the twins and fellow freshman Hayden Christiansen said.
“I’d say Evan is a little better than me in academics, but not that much. Athletic-wise, I think I have it,” Andrew said. They play the same sports; soccer and track.
“For soccer, Evan plays forward and midfield and I’m a forward,” Andrew said.
Being in the same friend group can get difficult.
“There’s occasionally times where one friend will invite one of us and not the other,” Andrew said.
“Being a twin has its ups and downs,” Evan said. Andrew talks on about the best parts of being a twin is having someone to share everything with. But it’s not always fun.
“You always got a person your age with you, like a friend always with you. But at the same time gets annoying,” Evan said. Being a twin means your a lot less lonely, but your privacy could be invaded more.
“We get to share a lot of moments together, like when we go on trips together all the time and it’s a really fun experience,” Andrew said. Over the summer they went to Israel as a family and had a Jewish point of view being reformed. The two also usually fly together to Boston alone to go into the city and see family.
When it was time for their Bnai Mitzvah in seventh grade, they had to include lots of kids but, at the service they only had to do half the work each which helps with all of the pressure.
“It was easier cause we did it together. Also we each had it split in half and it was really fun” Andrew said.
“We do practically everything together and mostly hold the same opinion,” Andrew said.