Corral

Cane’s vs. Chick-fil-A: Chicken Rivals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cane’s vs. Chick-fil-A: Chicken Rivals

Haydn Schertz, Staff Writer

Throughout St.Louis there always seems to be some sort of either chain or local chicken restaurant. Recently, two of the most common places that compete for chicken-lovers s Chick-fil-A and Raising Cane’s. With Raising Canes growing in St. Louis in the past few years and a handful of Chick-fil-A’s in the area, I set out on a journey to really discover what is the best fast food chicken restaurant. Typically when deciding about places to eat, the discussion of Chick-fil-A versus Cane’s comes up. Although the place you choose to eat is ultimately yours to make, here is how you can better your decision making.
I attended Raising Cane’s with juniors Ryan Pham, Logan Potts, along with senior Henry Eubank we ordered their famous chicken fingers, Texas toast, french fries, and their special Cane’s sauce. Something fun that Cane’s is currently doing is that they are putting peel-off stickers on their cups which give you a one in three chance of winning something free. Also, if you can spell out the word C-A-N-E-S, you can possibly win $100,000 dollars. The Cane’s menu is not to extensive. Although they make up for the lack of options with great flavor, their menu consists of a three piece meal, a four piece meal, a six piece meal, and you guessed it a chicken finger sandwich. One tip for you to know is that if you’re not a fan of chicken tenders, or you would prefer more variety, then Chick-fil-A might be the better option for you. When I went to Cane’s I ordered a box combo which is $6.98, comes with four pieces of chicken, french fries, a slice of Texas toast and a Cane’s sauce. I think that the food was fantastic and the chicken tenders were juicy and crispy, my favorite part of the meal was the Texas toast which was tasty. My review of the food is that is was pretty delicious and very filling.
When I went to Chick-fil-A I ordered the the plain chicken sandwich with french fries. I would give the meal a solid seven out of ten. The key for Chick-fil-A is that its variety might make your decision making easier. On the menu they have 31 different items to choose from, ranging from sandwiches, to wraps, to chicken nuggets. Their prices are not very expensive as one meal is around$6-$8. Also, another big option that Chick-fil-A has is it has a breakfast menu. The food there was very good and their sauce was one of my favorite parts. Chick-fil-A is also really easy to find as there is many locations, along with that they have some of the best customer service around, such as always being respectful and always being willing to help you when needed.
In conclusion, I hope that this will help you in your chicken making decisions. When your struggling to make up your mind I hope that you can look back on this article and make a well educated and smart chicken decision. Cane’s is a laid back restaurant and the decorations are always interesting. They will show their respected local schools pride. Chick-fil-A is always a friendly environment with great staff.
In my opinion both restaurants are great places to eat with family or friends. There are a lot of different ways that you can settle this debate. Chick-fil-A makes a strong case for itself with its many options on the menu, as well as with different side dishes. On the other hand, Raising Cane’s has its juicy chicken tenders. Chick-fil-A.