Wrapping Up Fall Sports

Seasons come to an end; athletes reflect on their successes

Kayelyn Tate, Staff Reporter

Katelyn Goplen (12) goes to hit a ball in a game against Eureka on Oct. 12. Goplen had 2 assists and 3 goals this season. “Our season was great this year,” said Goplen. “We had a lot of inexperience and we went from nothing to winning multiple games, which was amazing.” Photo by Carly Wasserman.
Adrya Koeing (12) hits a ball in a tri-match against Layafette and Eureka on Sept. 27.The team finished 5th in districts with 426 points. “I think I’ve improved on my strokes and how well I hit on the golf course and I really enjoyed getting to know my teammates,” said Koeing. Photo by Christine Stricker.
Joshua Grossman (10) hands the ball off to John Ellis (12) in a game against Marquette High School on Aug. 27. Grossman passed 190 yards this season, throwing 2 touchdowns. “I understood the plays better this season,” said Grossman. “I think the team started playing together more and it showed.” Photo by Kayelyn Tate.
Vassilio Georges (12) and Jack O’Leary (12) celebrate after a goal in the Class 3 District 2 semi-final game against Ladue on Nov. 2. Georges had 3 goals this season and 1 assist. “From our first game to our last game was a huge improvement,” said Georges. “Our overall chemistry, passing connect ability, and movement off the ball has tremendously improved.” Photo by Lauren Sharpe
Prisha Nigam (10) pitches in a game against Ladue on Sept. 17. Nigam had 36 strikeouts this season. “The overall season was good, everyone was really in it and we had a lot of fun , even though we didn’t win all the games.” Photo by Riley Burstein.
Jake Hansen (11) swims breaststroke in the 200 yard IM at the Class 1 state championship on Nov. 12. Hansen finished 3rd in the 200 yard IM with a time of 1:55.76. The team finished 4th overall with 175 points. Photo by Carine Heller
Chava Hahn (12) hits a ball in a singles match against Marquette High School on Sept. 2. Hahn and doubles partner, Hayley Lerner (11) made it state semi-finals, along with teammates Brenna McLain (12) and Maggie Huff (12). “I think at the beginning of the season, my singles matches weren’t as good. But, towards the end, especially my last match, I feel like I really improved,” said Hahn. Photo by Katrina Sharafutdinova.
Lecie Link (11) attacks a ball in a game against Parkway North on Oct. 13. Link plays outside hitter and had 131 kills this season. “I think getting closer to my teammates and becoming more confident has helped me improve this season,” said Link. Photo by Christine Stricker
The boys cross country team lines up in the Fleet Feet Classic on Sept. 1. Mohib Kazmi (12) finished 16th overall at state and the boys team finished 12th overall. Aryn Rehr (12), Sophie Bain (12), and Lila Solomon (10) qualified for state for the girls team. “It was a good experience overall, I did exactly what I wanted to,” said Kazmi. “I ran my PR and was all-state and everything went my way.” Photo by Celeste Escalante