Girls Bring Mettle to Win Medals

Swim and Dive Team Ends a Great Season With a Successful State Meet

Senior+Emily+Zhang+is+awarded+7th+place++on+her+50+freestyle.+%E2%80%9CI+felt+happy+to+finish+my+50+freestyle+with+a+sectional+cut+I+had+been+longing+to+achieve+since+2019%2C%E2%80%9D+Zhang+said.+

Alyssa Weisenberg

Senior Emily Zhang is awarded 7th place on her 50 freestyle. “I felt happy to finish my 50 freestyle with a sectional cut I had been longing to achieve since 2019,” Zhang said.

Alyssa Weisenberg, Photo Editor

Senior Isabelle Calabio leaps out of the water to start the 200 Medley Relay. Freshman Serena Huang, Senior Sydney Hau and Junior Ella Harris brought the relay to 11th place.
“They came in 15th and then they ended up 11th,” Coach Hewitt said. “They had huge strides and improvement. We weren’t honestly sure if they were going to make it back to the second day. And so for them to go from 15 to 11th. That was huge.” (Alyssa Weisenberg)
Ceci Tremont and finishes her 100 freestyle with a new personal record of 54.5. She placed 9th overall. “Her first day was a little bit rough,” Coach Hewitt said. “But you know, big stage, a lot of different things there and so she didn’t have her best swim that first day, but she came in, she’s said, I’m gonna show these people what I can do. And I’m like, Yeah, you know, everyone says that, right? But then she killed it. She swam her fastest times that I’ve seen.” (Alyssa Weisenberg)
To the right 200 Free relay team freshman Reese Anderson (far right), junior Ella Harris, (second from right) freshman Ceci Tremont (second from left) and senior Emily Zhang (far left) walk out.
“My favorite thing about state was cheering for my teammates because it was really fun to watch everyone race! It was such an amazing team this year and I can’t wait for next year,” Tremont said. (Alyssa Weisenberg)