What Are You Supposed to do When You Are Stuck at Home for Spring Break?

Danni Schneiderman, Staff Writer

Stranded at home with nothing to do?

Step One: Try to find other friends who are also in town to hang out with. Go see a movie, walk at the park for some exercise, or even play a board game at your kitchen table. Turning your break into a “stay-cation” could be a fun way to explore your own city. Visit some of the hotspots of St. Louis like the arch, the Science Museum, and forest park and make sure you munch on some toasted ravioli while you’re at it!

Step Two: Start creating and organizing a fitness and healthy eating regime to prepare yourself for summer! Write out planned workouts and meals so you are more likely to stick to your routine when the day comes around. This would also be the time to find out some information about the gym membership you signed up for eight months ago. However, if the gym is not your thing, there are plenty of other activities you can do in the comfort of your own home. For example, jump roping, yoga, Zumba, and rollerblading are all ways to get in exercise while also having a good time.

Step Three: Realign your sleep schedule. After you’ve worn yourself out from running around town being a tourist, eating kale, and exercising four days a week you deserve some time to hit the hay for more than your normal five hours. Relax and allow yourself to forget about the stresses and pressures of school life. Stop, breathe, and enjoy the days because for some students here at Parkway Central High, they are returning to the hustle and bustle of what seems to last an eternity, but for others it’s the last 40 days of their high school careers.