Seoul Taco: A Restaurant Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seoul Taco: A Restaurant Review

Seoul Taco's bibimbap bowl with tofu.

Seoul Taco's bibimbap bowl with tofu.

Seoul Taco's bibimbap bowl with tofu.

Seoul Taco's bibimbap bowl with tofu.

Shoshana Weinstein, Staff Writer

In January of 2018, Seoul Taco opened a new location in Chesterfield. Located in the Four Seasons Shopping Center, the restaurant is just two minutes away from the campus of Parkway Central High School, and has quickly become a hit among students looking for a quick and tasty meal. Just a year after its opening, here’s a look at what the restaurant has to offer.

Seoul Taco blends Korean and Mexican influences to create a unique flavor that stands out from the food offered by other Chesterfield restaurants. To be honest, “fusion” food has never held much appeal for me– if I’m buying international cuisine, I prefer for it to taste authentic. However, Seoul Taco blew me away with the quality of its menu. They offer a choice of tacos, burritos, nachos or bibimbap bowls; customers can choose to add their choice of Korean-style beef, chicken, pork, or tofu. The flavors go together wonderfully, and every item on their menu seems mouth-watering.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is laid back and casual. The walls are decorated with painting inspired by street art, giving the decor a fun and trendy air. I ordered a bowl, which came with the white rice, shredded veggies, and fried egg traditional to bibimbap. I requested tofu with my bowl, which added a satisfyingly greasy element of protein to the meal. The whole thing tasted delicious, especially with the addition of not-too-spicy kochujang hot pepper paste.

Overall, I would rate this restaurant very highly. The food is excellent, the service is fast, and the staff are friendly. My meal came to a total of $11 including my drink, which I found reasonable considering the quality of the food and the generous portions. Seoul Taco is a great place to grab dinner with friends after a long day at school.