Seoul Taco: A Restaurant Review

Seoul Taco’s bibimbap bowl with tofu.

Shoshana Weinstein, Staff Writer

In January of 2018, Seoul Taco opened a new location in Chesterfield. Located in the Four Seasons Shopping Center, the restaurant is just two minutes away from the campus of Parkway Central High School, and has quickly become a hit among students looking for a quick and tasty meal. Just a year after its opening, here’s a look at what the restaurant has to offer.

Seoul Taco blends Korean and Mexican influences to create a unique flavor that stands out from the food offered by other Chesterfield restaurants. To be honest, “fusion” food has never held much appeal for me– if I’m buying international cuisine, I prefer for it to taste authentic. However, Seoul Taco blew me away with the quality of its menu. They offer a choice of tacos, burritos, nachos or bibimbap bowls; customers can choose to add their choice of Korean-style beef, chicken, pork, or tofu. The flavors go together wonderfully, and every item on their menu seems mouth-watering.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is laid back and casual. The walls are decorated with painting inspired by street art, giving the decor a fun and trendy air. I ordered a bowl, which came with the white rice, shredded veggies, and fried egg traditional to bibimbap. I requested tofu with my bowl, which added a satisfyingly greasy element of protein to the meal. The whole thing tasted delicious, especially with the addition of not-too-spicy kochujang hot pepper paste.

Overall, I would rate this restaurant very highly. The food is excellent, the service is fast, and the staff are friendly. My meal came to a total of $11 including my drink, which I found reasonable considering the quality of the food and the generous portions. Seoul Taco is a great place to grab dinner with friends after a long day at school.