Timely Snow Day

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay.

Alex Maisenhelder, Online Sports Editor

Early this morning at 5:03 am, the Parkway School District informed all families that school had been canceled due to icy road conditions. This most likely came as amazing news to the majority of students, who were able to use the time to sleep in, or just enjoy their mornings free of the stress of getting to school. Also, for some it allowed them to have extra time to finish that project, read that book, or study for that one test they are worried about.

“This snow day has given me extra time to study for my math test and get that A,” sophomore Niko Yannakakis said. “I was slightly worried as I fell asleep near the end of my studying the night before.” While the snow day was beneficial for Yannakakis, he was not the only one who was able to use the extra time to be better prepared for a test.

“With the snow day it allowed me to study more for my math test,” freshman Jessica DeMoor said. “Other than that I just enjoyed the day off and having to do nothing.” Sentiments like these are commonplace, as what student does not enjoy an extra day off, to study, catch up on procrastinated work, try to get ahead in a class, or just relax; because who does not enjoy relaxing?

All in all, this surprise snow day was a welcome surprise, allowing students to spend their day how they pleased so that they were the readiest they could be for the rest of the week.