Bigger Than Gaming

How Game Club has brought students together.

Amari Sewer, Staff Reporter

Although there is a stereotype that gamers play video games by themselves in their basement, Game Club allows gamers at PCH to play video games and socialize with others who share the same gaming interest.

It was last school year when two PCH students came up with the idea to have a bunch of gamers come together, bring their handhelds and consoles, and socialize with other gamers. PCH teacher and club sponsor Michael Feit believes that this is a great opportunity for students to make new friends.

“Sometimes it seems that a lot of gamers tend to go home and play games by themselves, and this is an opportunity for people who want to socialize or be around other peers and game together, and they have a lot of fun,” Feit said.

Today, Game Club is one of the more consistent clubs at PCH, meeting every Thursday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m..

“They play together or separately, and they have a bunch of different games. Some people just come to talk or socialize. Sometimes we’ll have tournaments for different types of games,” Feit said.

Feit has seen some positive results from students going to Game Club. The students have a group chat where the students, and they make plans to hang out with each other outside of school. He also sees the club as a good way for gamers to just relax and hangout with other gamers.

“It’s a good way for people to get together, kind of decompress, play the games that they like, and have fun,” Feit said.