Homecoming Change in Location

For years, Parkway Central has held its homecoming dance in the atrium. Decorations have been strung all throughout the upper and lower commons. This year, however, the dance was moved to gym B, now, the decorations have been moved from the banisters to the brick walls.

Christine Stricker

Students dancing at homecoming on Sat. Oct. 13.

Megan Fisher, Staff Writer

Many student enjoyed the dance in the gym more than in the atrium. The biggest complaint about the dance being in the gym has been that it was really warm, which is to be expected with a bunch of teens jumping around, and dancing. However, some students liked it better because it was more closed off so it felt as though there weren’t as many teachers observing everyone.

“I liked the gym better, it felt less like school,” senior Yael Avni said. In the atrium it’s more open, hallways, and classrooms can be seen, but in the gym, it is more closed off so you can’ see the offices or the classrooms.

It looks like the students of Central enjoyed dancing in the gym more than the cafeteria. More students calls for a bigger space, so will the dances continue to be held in the gym?