Annual Taste of the Town

Senior Women and Men at Taste of the Town. Photo by Gina Caruso.

Avery Cooper, Staff Writer

Parkway Central hosted its annual Taste of the Town last Thursday on October 11. From 6-8 p.m., the event hosts over 20 different local restaurants and invites the community to sample some of their classic dishes or new food items. For a price of $10, guests can try food from restaurants such as Seoul Taco, Stack House, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and many more delicious places. While dining, you can also purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win gift cards to restaurants such as Bishop’s Post.

While these places have their own staff to help prepare food, the Parkway Central group Senior Women and Men help run the food booths.

While the senior group volunteers at many other places around St. Louis, Taste of the Town is an important night for the group because the proceeds go toward their project graduation.

“I really didn’t realize that it took all these people to help put together something great for us to enjoy after our graduation.” Remi Taylor, member of Senior Women and Men said. The work that goes into this event makes it all worthwhile for those who come and enjoy the exciting atmosphere Taste of the Town creates in the Central High lunch room.

This event gives you the chance to try all sorts of local restaurants that you might not have tried on your own, making it easier to find places to eat by trying some samples of their fan favorites.

“It was one of the coolest things I’ve seen central host! And of course tasting all of the food for a really good price is the best part!” Taylor said. With delicious businesses donating their time and food, Parkway Central students working toward their graduation, and a fun atmosphere to enjoy different food, Taste of the Town is an event you can’t miss next year.